Friday, June 27, 2008

Requested by Brook, here is news about our first class. There were actually quite a few couples there (like 7 or 8). The teacher is really nice. She makes lots of jokes, but it's funny because not everyone was reacting so she had to keep on saying..."I'm joking." We learned about the different stages of labor, when to know when we were in labor, ways to make labor happen, when to go to the hospital, and she showed us some exercises. I did learn some things that I have not previously learned so I'm looking forward to the other 5 classes. They will of course go through more labor information, breathing techniques (I do plan on not having drugs), a tour of the birth center, and parenting tips and techniques (they have to make sure you can change a diaper and bathe your child).

5 comments:

Amy said...

No drugs? Are you crazy?

Nichole said...

I won't say you're crazy, but I will tell you something that Sharita told me when I was considering the same thing. God gave us drugs for a reason.

Mathema-literate said...

Someone should do a study about how many people say that they're not going to get the drugs and then cave in the delivery room. That said, more power to you if you can do without them. I think that'd be pretty amazing.

So did you take notes? I can only imagine what it's like, but I'm pretty sure that I'd be so nervous that I'd want to write everything down. And then later, "Mike, do you remember what she said to do if water comes pouring down my legs? Would you check the notes, please?"

Rach said...

Brook, I'm not completely against the drugs, but everyone in my family has done it without them, so I'd like to try. If I decide I want them, B knows to let me have them. I didn't take notes, but then they gave us a book with a lot of the info in it. I'm pretty sure if water comes pouring down your legs, go to the hospital to prevent infection. :)

Amy said...

I forgot to tell you that I told Breanne about your bravery over the weekend she told me to tell you to take the drugs. :-) I'm sure everyone will have an opinion. If you don't use drugs, I will probably have to bow down before you and worship the ground you walk on.