Monday, July 13, 2009

This summer I've been experimenting with food for Alia. I've been trying to at least make her breakfast and lunch so I don't have to buy all that baby food. Here's some of the foods we have tried.
Breakfast: honeydew, bananas with blueberries and cheerios, bananas with raspberries and cheerios, yogurt
Lunch: squash with zucchini, potatoes with peas and red peppers, a mix of carrots, green beans, peas, and corn, tomato and pepper (trying this week)
Dinner: chicken with carrots and celery, chicken with lettuce and cheese, chicken with cottage cheese, chicken with broccoli, pork with mac-n-cheese and broccoli, beef with lettuce and cheese
Things she has tried just by themselves: yellow pepper, red pepper, green pepper rings from Murray's, pickle, lemon, tomato, grapes, black olive, frozen juice pop, ice cream, watermelon, tofu
Any more ideas or suggestions? I think I have 3 or 4 more weeks with her at home.

1 comment:

Mathema-literate said...

What a variety! Good job! I have no idea how to feed a baby, but it seems to me like you're a terrific menu planner.