Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Woo...what a day! Before our appointment this morning, B and I went to Waffle House for breakfast. It was yummy! Everything was good at the doctor's. Yesterday I kind of realized I was having contractions, but they weren't very intense and were like 3 hours apart and I only remember feeling three of them. Because of this though I had the doctor check to see if I was dilated, and she said I was at 1.5 cm. After this, B and I went in to work and then we had to come back at 3:30 for a biophysical profile. At the ultrasound part, Alia did everything she needed to do except we didn't catch her practice breathing. The technician said that wasn't a big deal since this was the first time. After the ultrasound I was hooked up to some monitors: one that monitored Alia's heart rate and one that monitored my contractions. Apparently, I was having a lot of contractions. They didn't hurt though. Also, they said that Alia wasn't as reactive as they would have liked (she really just wanted to go to sleep!). They called my doctor with the results to see if she wanted them to send me downstairs to OB triage for more monitoring. Of course, that's what my doctor wanted to do. When they got me all hooked up at the hospital, Alia was doing exactly what they wanted her to. I was still having a lot of contractions though so they checked to see how dilated I was...this was around 6:00 and now I was 3 cm. We decided to stay there a little longer and have them check again to see if I had advanced any. The doctor came back at 7:30 and I was still at 3 cm. Hence, we are home now after getting food (I hadn't eaten since 10:45!). We'll, uh...just see what happens now. :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Trust me, this is the way to dilate! I was 5cm when they induced me (which they did because I was 5cm and 90%) I was having tons of contractions and didn't feel them. The beauty of this is that you get drugs very quickly once you get to the hospital!!!