Friday, July 4, 2008

Child-birth class #2...check!
Yesterday we had an appointment and our second class. The appointment was fine as always. Nothing weird is happening to me, so it was pretty standard. Measure my belly, listen to the heartbeat. The doctor did tell me that I passed the last glucose test I had (which I figured, but they were excited).
At class last night, we talked a lot about "pushing" (the baby and the placenta). We also talked about what the baby could look like and what is normal to see. Next we watched a video of 3 births. Not that bad. At the end we practiced a slow breathing technique and a relaxation technique. Next week is a tour of the hospital.

1 comment:

Mathema-literate said...

Way to show up for class. I bet you'll get an A, even though you don't take notes. On a scale from pretty excited to unbelievably excited, where you would rate your feelings about the impending arrival? Cause I'm not even there and I'm pretty excited. :)